Today's Yay! gift card holder says how I feel today. Monday both of my remaining tubes and one third of my staples were removed. Yay!!! So I was able to take my first shower since July 24th on Tuesday. It is funny how the little things are what I appreciate so much, but it is the little things. Amazing how good a shower can feel after trying to give myself sponge baths for so long. Monday I return to my surgeon and hopefully will get another third of my staples removed. I just wanted to let you know my progress since I told you in the last update I was so hoping to get the tubes and some of the staples removed.
Also next Friday I have an appointment with my radiologist to talk to her about my T2 which has been showing up on scans looking suspicious. They have talked about more radiation to this spot, but I should find out next week. So prayer warriors, you are the best!!! Because I have the best prayer warriors, I would love prayers for the right decisions to be made in going forward with the next step of my journey. Thank you so much! Also thank you for those of you sending cards, flowers, fun items, food and everything you have done for me. They are greatly appreciated. Huge hugs and lots of love to you all.
Yay! Gift Card Holder
Young At Heart Cling Mount Stamp Set
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Blueberry Bushel Cardstock - #146968
Mango Melody Cardstock - #146989
Real Red Cardstock - #102482
See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper - #149443
Snail Adhesive - #104332
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Bone folder - #102300
Memento Ink Pad - #132708
Simply Scored Scoring Tool - #122334
Lakeside Framelits - #146351 (use a machine that cuts)
Starburst Punch - #143717
2” Circle Punch - #133782
3/8” Real Red Cotton Ribbon - #146925
Stampin’ Blends – various colors
Paper Snips - #103579
Young At Heart Cling Mount Stamp Set - #149343
- Card base: Mango Melody Cardstock –4 ¼” x 11”; scored at 3”, 5 ½”, 8” – fold on the scored lines.
- On the center fold at the 5 ½” scored line, place the die from the Lakeside Framelits as shown in the photo. Run through a machine that cuts.
- Fold the piece in half and trim the excess edges off so it resembles the last photo.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to glue on the sides and where the fold is to create a pocket (do not glue along the die-cut edge).
- 3/8” Real Red Cotton Ribbon – 16”; adhere a small amount of Snail adhesive in the middle of the front. Lay your ribbon across that and bring around to the back of the gift card holder. Adhere the back in the middle as well.
- See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper – 2 ¾” x 4” (3 pieces); adhere a piece on the outside, and on both flaps of the inside.
- On the inside pieces of the See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper, stamp the sayings in Memento Ink.
- Slide in a gift card.
- Whisper White Cardstock mat - 2” x 3”; stamp the lady with the birthday cake and the ‘yay’ in Memento Ink.
- Use various Stampin’ Blends to color her in.
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock – 2 ¼” x 3 ¼”.
- Adhere the two rectangles together for the front and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the 2 laughing ladies on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and punch out with the 2” Circle Punch.
- Punch a Real Red Starburst Circle and mount the stamped image on top. Adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue on top of the ribbon to hold it down.
Thank you for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything; I value you in my audience.
The 2019-2020 Stampin' UP Annual Catalog is available! If you want anything, you can shop right from this blog on the Shop Now. If you do not have a demonstrator and you live in the United States and would like a catalog, please let me know. The first one is complimentary. After an order is placed, you will be on my catalog list. Happy creating!
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below: