Thoughts for you Card ~ Best Birds
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Soft Suede Cardstock - #115318
Poppy Parade Cardstock - #119793
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Snail Adhesive - #104332
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Bone Folder - #102300
Simply Scored Scoring Tool - #122334
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Birds and Blooms Thinlits - #141477
Layering Squares Framelits Dies - #141708
Paper Piercing Tool - #126189
Paper Snips - #103579
Soft Suede Ink Pad - #147115
Poppy Parade Ink Pad - #147050
Merry Merlot Ink Pad - #147112
Petal Pink Ink Pad - #147108
Sponge Daubers - #133773
Stampin’ Sponges - #141337
Stampin’ Blends – Poppy Parade Light - #146878
Best Birds - #141525
- Card Base: Soft Suede Cardstock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”; scored 4 ¼” on the LONG side - folded
- Poppy Parade Cardstock mat – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Whisper White Cardstock mats – (2) 3 ¾” x 5”
- Use the Big Shot: Make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, one of the Whisper White Cardstock mats and a square die (placed up toward the top as shown in the photo), and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine.
- On the other Whisper White Cardstock mat place the cutout template on top and sponge Petal Pink Ink Pad inside of the square using a Stampin’ Sponges piece.
- Use a Sponge Dauber to dab circles inside the square using Poppy Parade and Merry Merlot Ink Pads.
- Stamp the ‘thoughts for you’ saying near the bottom using Soft Suede Ink. Stamp the berries below the saying. Color in with the Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Adhere this piece to the Poppy Parade Cardstock mat and place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card base.
- In Soft Suede Ink on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock; stamp the bird image.
- Use the Big Shot: Make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the stamped bird and the coordinating thinlits, the limb thinlits, and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine.
- Stamp the crosshatch lines on the cutout limb in Soft Suede Ink. Trim it down to remove the leaves and branches.
- Adhere the limb to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Sponge the bird’s belly with Poppy Parade Ink and adhere it with Stampin’ Dimensionals above the limb.
Thank you for stopping by.
Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.
You can shop for anything you need right from this blog by clicking shop now.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below: