I want to give you an update of last week's cancer journey. This is one update I hate giving but I want to be honest with all of you in case you ever have to go through what I am going through. Hopefully, you will never go through what I am, but just in case know that in my case there have been more ups than downs. That's on a positive note. Last week was a down week. Other than my appointment to get blood work, I had no energy and felt awful. It was the week after chemo which notoriously is a down week so I did not have any plans which helped. My last chemo treatment (treatment before this one) was non-eventful so I hoped this one would be the same. It was not the case. The upside is that as of Friday, I started to get my energy back. A new lamp came in a package. It was a heavy lamp. I was able to get it out of the box and put it together and vacuum the mess left behind. That seems like a small task and in my "old world" would have been. Last week though, it was a celebration of getting my energy back. It's the little things. The good thing is that that energy has continued so I am getting back to feeling better again. Saturday energy picked up even more. Sunday the same with more energy. I am expecting to feel much better this week and up until my final chemo treatment on August 23. Today I am going with a friend to see the new Mama Mia movie. I can not wait! So things are looking up brighter than ever this week. I hope that you all have a great week as well.
I did find out what my maintenance treatment will consist of. I will still have to go into the chemo room, but will not have the chemo part. I will be taking herceptin and a shot to strengthen my bones. Actually I do that with chemo now, but this will continue after and sounds like for the rest of my life. At least that is what I understand. I will still have surgery, but will find out more about that after my pet scan in a few months. I have learned volumes through this journey and hope you take a little of my learning with you. Nurses in my audience probably laugh because you have seen it all, but for this novice who has fainted while having blood taken it has been a real learning experience.
That is it on my journey for now.
Thank you for the prayers, cards, and everything you have done and are doing. You will never know how much it means to me. You all are the greatest and to that, here is a You are the Greatest card. Enjoy. I love you all!
'You are the Greatest' Floral Card ~ Tropical Chic
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Melon Mambo Cardstock - #115320
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Tropical Escape 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper - #146916
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Simply Scored Scoring Tool - #122334
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Melon Mambo Ink Pad - #147051
Memento Ink Pad - #132708
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Tropical Thinlits Dies - #146831
Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies - #145372
Layering Circles Framelits Dies - #141705
Glitter Enamel Dots - #146934
Paper Snips - #103579
Tropical Chic - #146750 (wood); #146753 (clear)
- Card base: Whisper White Cardstock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”; score at 4 ¼” on the long side & folded in half
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3 ¾” x 5” for top mat, 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” for punched out circle, scraps for the flowers
- Melon Mambo Cardstock – 4” x 5 ¼” for mat
- Tropical Escape 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper cut to 1 ¾” x 5”
- Use the Big Shot to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the Melon Mambo Cardstock piece with the coordinating scalloped die from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies that will work with the 3rd largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies in the middle of the piece, and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine. Use the stitched circle die to cut out the 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Adhere the Tropical Escape 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper to the right side of the mat of Whisper White. Adhere the mat to the Melon Mambo mat. Adhere to the card base.
- Stamp on the Whisper White Circle ‘you are the greatest’ in Memento Ink. Adhere this to the Melon Mambo Scalloped Circle and place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back; adhere to the card base.
- On the scraps of Whisper White Cardstock, stamp 4 flowers in Melon Mambo Ink and die cut with the Big Shot using the Tropical Thinlits Dies. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of 2 and adhere around the left-hand side of the circle mat. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the third on the front. Adhere the fourth to the inside.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Bonus Days have started! You do not want to miss out. Here are the details:
You can also reply to this email if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.