Happy Birthday Retro Card ~ Big Wishes & Birthday Backgrounds
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Lovely Lipstick Cardstock - #146970
Basic Black Cardstock - #121045
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper - #146277
Snail Adhesive - #104332
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Silicone Craft Sheet - #127853
Simply Scored Scoring Tool - #122334
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Lovely Lipstick Ink Pad - #147140
Memento Ink Pad - #132708
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Happy Birthday Thinlits Dies - #143700
Paper Snips - #103579
Big Wishes - #146422 (wood); #146425 (clear)
Birthday Backgrounds - #146443 (wood); #146446 (clear)
- Card base: Lovely Lipstick Cardstock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”; score at 4 ¼” on the long side
- Basic Black Cardstock – 4” x 5 ¼” for mat
- Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper cut to 3 ¾” x 5” (cut it at 3 ½” on the long side and flip it over)
- Whisper White Cardstock – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Fold the Lovely Lipstick Cardstock card base in half on the fold line.
- Use the Big Shot to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the Basic Black Cardstock with the happy birthday die on the upper 2/3 of the piece, and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine. Pop out the cut piece.
- Adhere the Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper to the Basic Black piece. This will cover where you cut it out. Take a skinny strip of Basic Black Cardstock and using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue cover up the seams where your paper meets. Place the ‘happy birthday’ cutout upside down on the Silicone Craft Sheet and place small dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the back. Adhere to the mat.
- Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the mat and adhere to the card base.
- On the Whisper White Cardstock, stamp the saying and then the streamers.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.