I wanted to give a quick update on my cancer journey. Last week I had blood work done and talked to my oncologist. My blood work numbers were good. My oncologist went over my cat scan in person since I had only talked to him about it over the phone. Everything looked good and he was able to show me on the pictures. There was a note of a new tumor that is close to my spinal cord. I may have referred to that earlier since he talked to me about it on the phone. Right now he feels this "new" tumor is scar tissue from the drugs they are giving me to build up my bone. He said that I will have a pet scan done in three months that will show this further, but he did not seem too concerned about it. So prayer warriors, please pray for this "new tumor" to be scar tissue and not a tumor if you would please. That is my prayer and hope.
Last week was what normally would have been a "bad week" of not feeling as well, but it actually went really well. My oncologist said that bodies get used to chemo and take it better the farther they get into it. This may have been the case with me. I was just happy that the week went by smoothly. I have an electrocardiogram on Tuesday morning to see how my heart is holding up under the chemo. I am praying that that goes well. I do not have chemo again until July 26th. Only two more chemo sessions and I will be done with those and on to another drug for maintenance. Of course I will more than likely have surgery six months after finishing chemo, but that will be awhile. So as far as I am concerned things are good for now which is what I like to hear. Thank you for all the cards and everything being done for me. What a blessing! Now onto the Amazing Day card, because I hope your days like mine, are truly amazing!
Amazing Day ~ Big Wishes & Petal Palette
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Coastal Cabana Cardstock - #131297
Poppy Parade Cardstock - #119793
Very Vanilla Cardstock - #101650
Snail Adhesive - #104332
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Memento Ink - #132708
Granny Apple Green Ink Pad - #147095
Poppy Parade Ink Pad - #147050
Blender Pens - #102845
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Delicate Lace Edgelits - #147053
Petals & More Thinlits - #145655
Glitter Enamel Dots - #146934
Paper-Piercing Tool - #126189
Paper Snips - #103579
Big Wishes - #146422 (wood); #144256 (clear)
Petal Palette - #145785 (wood); #145788 (clear)
- Card base: Coastal Cabana Cardstock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – 3 ¾” x 5” - use the Big Shot to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the cardstock and the Delicate Lace Edgelits and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine. On this piece stamp several of the smaller flower stems around the edges in Memento Ink. Using Granny Apple Green Ink stamp some of the stems of leaves. Color in the flowers and the leaves using the Blender Pens and dipping the ends in the colored ink pads. Stamp the saying down towards the zig-zag edge using Memento Ink.
- Very Vanilla Cardstock scrap big enough to stamp the flower arrangement in Memento Ink. Color in the flowers and the leaves using the Blender Pens and dipping the ends in the colored ink pads. Use the Big Shot to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the stamped and colored cardstock and the coordinating die from the Petals & More Thinlits and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back.
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Adhere the two front mats together and adhere the mat to the card base.
- Adhere the cut-out flower arrangement to the middle of the card front.
- Place several of the Glitter Enamel Dots on the front.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.