This is the perfect card for today. Yesterday I had my tenth and final radiation treatment. So the first road of my journey has been completed. I have been extremely tired with the radiation and they said it will continue for two weeks. They also said that where the rod was placed in my leg will continue to heal for two to four weeks after radiation. So knowing all of these things makes the hurting easier to deal with. Next week starts my next road to journey through. This road will be the one of chemotherapy. I am ready for this new road. This card really spoke to me because even though a birthday card, I feel like I am slaying the beast. So appropriate. I hope you enjoy this birthday card like I have.
Happy Birthday Dragon Card
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Bermuda Bay Cardstock - #131197
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Rich Razzleberry Cardstock - #115316
Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper - #145600 - *Retiring
Snail Adhesive - #104332
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Bone Folder - #102300
Simply Scored Scoring Tool - #122334
Rich Razzleberry Ink Pad - #126950
Starburst Punch - #143717
1 ¾” Circle Punch - #119850
2” Circle Punch - #133782
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Magical Mates Framelits Dies - #145660
Enamel Shapes in Brights - #141680
Paper Snips - #103579
Special Celebrations – #143882 (wood); #143885 (clear)
Thoughtful Banners - #141614
- Card base: Bermuda Bay Cardstock – 4 ¼” x 11” scored at 5 ½” on the LONG side + scrap for a 2” Circle.
- Rich Razzleberry Cardstock mats (2) – 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” – punch a Starburst out of the middle of the one for the front. Adhere the mat to the card base and then a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of the Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper on top of it.
- Whisper White Cardstock mat – stamp the ‘happy birthday on a piece big enough for a 1 ¾” Circle + 3 ½” x 4 ½” piece for the dragon cut-out (inside).
- Layer the three circle pieces together and adhere. Place several Rich Razzleberry Enamel Shapes on the Whisper White circle. Adhere Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card front.
- On the inside Whisper White piece use the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and make a ‘sandwich’ in this order: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the Cardstock along with the dragon die, and then the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine.
- Stamp the ‘hello’ from Thoughtful Banners in Rich Razzleberry Ink to make it look like it is coming out of the dragon’s mouth. Adhere these pieces together and adhere to the inside of the card.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.