Here is another Valentine Card Idea. It will be here before we know it.
Ribbon of Courage Valentine's Card
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Berry Burst Cardstock - #144243
Powder Pink Cardstock - #144244
Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack - #144131
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Mini Glue Dot - #103683
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Big Shot Platform - #142802
Scattered Sequins Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder - #145649
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Support Ribbon Framelits Dies #143749
5/8” Crinkled Seam Binding in Berry Burst - #144191
Berry Burst Ink Pad - #144083
Paper Snips - #103579
Pearl Basic Jewels - #144219
Tutti-Frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequins - #145609
Ribbon of Courage – #143852 (wood); #143855 (clear)
- Card Base: Powder Pink Cardstock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”; scored at 4 ¼” on the LONG side & a mat piece 4” x 5 ¼”
- Berry Burst Cardstock – 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, stamp ‘Joy to the World’ in Berry Burst Ink down towards the bottom right corner.
- Use the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order: Big Shot Platform, a standard cutting pad, the piece of Powder Pink Cardstock inside the embossing folder, and NO OTHER standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine. Layer this piece to the Berry Burst Cardstock using liquid glue.
- Wrap ribbon around the left-hand side and secure in the back. Make a bow and adhere in the middle of the strip of ribbon using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Stamp the heart three times on a strip of Whisper White Cardstock in Berry Burst Ink.
- Use the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the stamped heart with the coordinating Framelits die, and lastly the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine. Repeat for the other two. Trim the hearts a bit closer using the Paper Snips. Place Dimensionals on the back of each heart.
- Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack – ¾” x 3 ½”, banner-cut one end and curl up that end. Adhere to the card with liquid glue.
- Adhere the hearts.
- Place a Tutti-Frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequin in the middle of each of the largest flowers on the heart.
- Place pearls in the centers of the Tutti-Frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequins.
- Stamp the saying on the inside using Berry Burst Ink.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything. If you live in the United States, you can order product right from this blog. Just click the shop now and it will take you to my online store.