‘Comfort for the Soul’ Gift Bag
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Soft Sky Cardstock - #131203
Very Vanilla Cardstock - #101650
Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper - #144143
Tear & Tape Adhesive - #138995
Paper Snips - #103579
Archival Gray Ink Pad - #140932
Soft Sky Ink Pad - #131181
Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad - #131180
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Lots of Labels Framelits - #138281
3/8” Classic Weave Ribbon - #144160
Pearls Basic Jewels - #144219
Paper-Piercing Tool - #126189
Classic Label Punch - #141491
NEW Hold on to Hope
- These small bags can be purchased at almost any Craft or Big Box store. White was used for this project.
- Cut off the top of the bag at 5 ½”.
- Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper cut (2 pieces) at 3 ¾” x 6 ½”.
- Place plenty of adhesive on the side of the bag that is flat (does not have the folded-up section on it). Place one of the pieces of Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper on the bag making sure that it is even with the bottom. Turn the bag over, fold down the bottom flap that is folded up while being stored, and place plenty of adhesive on this side of the bag as well. Adhere the other piece of designer paper to that side being careful to match the piece on the other side.
- Bring the two pieces together on the top and use the Classic Label Punch to punch holes.
- Use the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and make a ‘sandwich’ in this order: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and the next to last largest die from the Lots of Labels Framelits, and then the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine.
- Stamp the cross in Soft Sky Ink. Stamp the saying over the cross with Basic Gray Ink. Ink up the edges of the vine in Pear Pizzazz Ink and stamp randomly around the edges.
- Adhere three pearls on the bottom edge using the Paper-Piercing Tool. Apply Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the stamped panel and adhere to the bag.
- Tie a 14” length of Soft Sky Ribbon through the hole and make a bow.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Thank you for stopping by. You can purchase many of the above products (if you live in the United States) on January 3, by clicking on the shop now on this blog. In the meantime, I hope you will subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.