Be Strong, Be Happy, Be You Card ~ Rooted In Nature
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Simply Scored Scoring Tool - #122334
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Soft Suede Ink Pad - #147115
Shaded Spruce Ink Pad - #147088
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies - #146341
Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
Paper Snips - #103579
Rooted In Nature - #146479 (wood); #146482 (clear)
- Card base: Whisper White Cardstock – 5 ½” x 8 ½”; score at 4 ¼” on the long side & folded in half
- Whisper White Cardstock mat - 4” x 5 ¼”
- On this piece, stamp the saying at the top left in Soft Suede Ink.
- Ink up the pine tree in Shaded Spruce Ink. Take the Soft Suede Marker and color in the trunk.
- Stamp the tree near the bottom right-hand side of the piece. Before fully reinking it, use the shadow images to add depth to the composition. Reink and stamp it again to the left and off the bottom.
- Use the Big Shot to make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the stamped image and the outline of the tree, and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine.
- Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the mat piece - be sure to fill in near where the cut-out image was. Adhere to the card base.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to make small dots of glue in the hole where the tree was cut-out.
- Lower the tree down inside and adhere…pressing firmly until the glue is set.
- Stamp some of the leaves images on the inside of the card.
If you would like a file of the above project, click the link below:
Bonus Days have started! You do not want to miss out. Here are the details:
You can also reply to this email if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything.