I am back to post. Funny how I had this in my pile of things to post and just saw it today when I thought I should get back on here. How appropriate! Donut Give Up says it all.
An update. March 28th, I got a diagnosis I would have rather not of heard. Stage 4 Metastasized Breast Cancer. I am a fighter and am going to fight this with all I have. Since I last posted, I have had many, many tests including a Pet Scan, Cat Scans, and various other things. I had a port put in for chemo. Today I have a mammogram and a brain mri scheduled. I am learning so much and thought maybe you are like me and do not know about all of this. So I thought I would share. If it is too close to home, scroll to the project, but I did not know about this journey so thought you may not either.
I had a rod placed in my leg because the cancer had eaten through much of my bone. Because of that, I will have radiation done on my leg to kill anything that may still be there. Then I am to have chemo and hopefully everything will be killed. If not, surgery may have to be done. A wild road ahead. I would rather be stamping, but I am going to slay this beast. Stay tuned for the road ahead I hope sharing with you. And finally a party when all of these procedures end. I love you all and thank you for sticking with me. Thank you for all of the orders. Even with insurance, the medical bills will need to be paid and this sure helps with that. All you have to do is go to the shop button and shop away. For a happier rest of this post, I want to post the project in hopes it makes you all as happy as this project made me.
‘Donut Give Up’ Spiral Notebook and Card
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Melon Mambo Cardstock - #115320
Bermuda Bay Cardstock - #131197
Whisper White Cardstock - #100730
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Stampin’ Trimmer - #126889
Melon Mambo Ink Pad - #126948
Bermuda Bay Ink Pad - #131171
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine - #143263
Magnetic Platform - #130658
Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies - #145372
Tutti-frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequins - #145609
Pearl Basic Jewels - #144219
Paper Snips - #103579
Here for You - #141541 (wood); #142164 (clear)
- Card base: Whisper White Cardstock - 3” x 6” scored at 3” on the LONG side
- Melon Mambo Cardstock mat – 2 7/8” square
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock mat – 2 1/8” square cut in the Big Shot
- Whisper White Cardstock mat – 1 5/8” square cut in the Big Shot
- Make a ‘sandwich’ in this order for the Big Shot Cutting Machine: Magnetic Platform, a standard cutting pad, the Stitched Shapes Framelits squares and the 2 different cardstocks, and the other standard cutting pad. Run this ‘sandwich’ through the machine.
- Adhere the Melon Mambo square to the card front and then the Bermuda Bay square.
- On the Whisper White square, stamp the saying in Melon Mambo Ink and the confetti in Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay Inks. On the inside of the card stamp the saying in Melon Mambo.
- Adhere Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card front.
- Adhere Tutti-frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequins and Pearl Basic Jewels inside.
- The notebook was found at a Big Box Store.
If you want to see the whole project with all the photos, click the link below:
Thank you so much for stopping by. I will not be posting as much as I used to. If I post three times a week during this journey, I will consider it a success. Remember to smell the roses!