Today I would love to show you a cute little box you can give to someone special. Enjoy!
Consider Yourself Hugged - Hershey’s Hugs® box
by Phyllis Shepherd, Independent Stampin’ UP!® demonstrator
Thick Whisper White Cardstock - #140272
Soft Suede Cardstock scrap - #115318
Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper - #144110
Tear & Tape Adhesive - #138995
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
Stampin’ Dimensionals - #104430
Soft Suede Ink Pad - #126978
Crushed Curry Ink Pad - #131173
Blender Pens - #102845
Paper Snips - #103579
Daisy Punch - #143713
Pearl Basic Jewels - #144219
Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter - #133751
Stamping Sponges - #141337
Lots of Love - #143799 (wood mount); #143802 (clear mount)
Daisy Delight - #143659
Touches of Texture - #141934 (wood mount); #143251 (clear mount)
Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper - 6” x 12”
Score on the LONG side at 2 7/8”, 5 3/4”, 8 5/8”, & 11 ½”
Score on the SHORT side at 2″
- Cut off the small square at the bottom of the flap (½”piece). Cut up on the three remaining flaps. Place Tear & Tape Adhesive along the ½” flap and adhere the two sides. Place Tear & Tape Adhesive on the front and back flaps. Put the side flaps in first and then the back and lastly the front.
- Push in on the sides to create the gussets.
- Place Hershey’s Hugs® candy inside the box and secure with two mini clothes pins (Big Box Store).
- Cut a length of 10 of the Pearl Basics that are attached to each other and adhere to the clothes pins.
- Ink up the Consider Yourself Hugged stamp in Soft Suede and stamp on a Thick Whisper White Cardstock scrap. Using the Paper Snips, cut this to the size shown in the picture. Cut a mat of Soft Suede to mount the saying on. Adhere with Tear & Tape Adhesive and place at lower right side of box.
- Ink up the daisy from Daisy Delight with Crushed Curry Ink. Stamp it off once on a scrap piece of paper and then stamp it onto the Thick Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp three of these exactly the same. Punch them out using the Daisy Punch. Attach the three together with Mini Glue Dots making sure to fan them out a bit to stagger the petals. Stamp the swirly center from Daisy Delight in the top flower using Soft Suede Ink. Attach the flower stack to the box with two Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the bee from Touches of Texture in Soft Suede Ink. Use the Paper Snips to fussy cut it and then use the blender pen and the Crushed Curry Ink Pad to color in the blank stripes on the bee. Adhere to the flowers with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Take a small wedge (cut it) out of one of the Stamping Sponges and dip it in a small amount of the Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Stroke it across the flower petals. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds and let dry. Fluff out your flower petals for added dimension.
Thank you for stopping by. Please subscribe to this blog so you do not miss anything. Below is a photo taken in Tokyo of their ferris wheel that goes around very slowly so you can see great views of the city. It is the second largest ferris wheel in Japan. It reminded me of the Eye in London.